Gather round folks. I bought the Galaxy Tab S to get the extra content and the very first thing I did was read the screenplay to THG.
Here is a list of things I learned were either supposed to be in the movie and were cut or just generally stood out to me as interesting:
- There was even more Galeniss in the opening seen of the movie when they are hunting than what they put in the movie. It was very disturbing and completed out of canon.
- Peeta had interesting dialogue from the get-go. He was sassy and charming in the script. WTF, Gary?
- Thr as an amazing sequence with all the tributes running a gauntlet that was apparently shot but never made the cut. Some poor outer district girl got decked by one of the trainers and bled out her freaking mouth. Wicked.
- That thing Peeta throws during training? (be still my heart) It’s a freaking maze. And the whole set up in the arena for throwing it was the equivalent of a Highland Games hammer toss event. I choked.
- Peeta actually grabs Kaniss’s hand on the roof top. It wasn’t just eye humping.
- The district 8 kid that attacked Katniss at the Cornucopia actually sputtered blood as he died.
- Katniss rips up Peeta’s pants to get at his wound in the script. And it mentions that the wound was in an area of his leg that made the act intimate. Why was s cut?
- There was another kiss that was omitted. In the cave, when they wake after applying the medicine to each other… the script mentions a kiss, just for them, more intense than the first. Kill me.
- The mutts were supposed to look half man and half dog. The CGI team failed. Also, the do tear a gash in Peeta’s ankle.
- It is mentioned that it took a long time for Cato to die. And the dogs were gnawing at a limb twenty feet from him.
- The “Now that you have me,what are you going to do with me?” dialogue was scripted, but never used. Why?
- On the train, when Peeta says, “I don’t want to forget,” Katniss was scripted to reply, “Neither do I,” with a watery smile. Ugh!